Vacancy for the Post of a School Principal
Infant Jesus Academy in the capital of Delta State is one of the most highly esteemed Catholic co-educational Boarding Schools in Nigeria. The Academy trains, graduates young men and women who are God fearing, loyal to their father land.
Infant Jesus Academy offers outstanding school facilities and promotes excellence in education. The focus is on the total development of each student in a positive and stimulating learning environment. Students are given the opportunity to be actively involved in their education, with the emphasis being placed on an inquiry model of learning.
We are looking for a visionary leaders with the ability to inspire, communicate and engage with the students, parents and the broader community.
The role of the principal is to lead and manage the planning, delivery, evaluation and improvement of the education of all students in a community through the deployment of resources provided by the Department and the school community.
At the same time, the principal, as executive officer of the school council, must ensure that adequate and appropriate advice is provided to the council on educational and other matters that the decisions of the council are implemented and that adequate support and resources are provided for the conduct of council meetings.
The principal is accountable for the overall management and development of the school within statewide guidelines and Government policies. A clear set of accountabilities, which distinguish their work from other members of the Teaching Service and the education community are set out in detail in the contract of employment.
The core accountabilities of all principals are to:
- ensure the delivery of a comprehensive education program to all students and be executive officer of the school council
- Represent the Department in the school and the local community
- Implement decisions of the school council
- Contribute to system-wide activities, including policy and strategic planning and development
- Manage and integrate the resources available to the school
- Appropriately involve staff, students and the community in the development, implementation and review of school policies, programs and operations
- Report to the Department, school community, parents and students on the achievements of the school and of individual students as appropriate
- Effective instructional delivery and maintenance of standards in the school system
- Entrusted with the responsibility of controlling the revenue accruing from the school and ensuring judicious utilisation of PTA levy
- Provision and maintenance of physical facilities: The candidate must be fully concerned with the physical environment and other facilities around the school
- Set the tone and model the values of the School in interactions with students, families, staff and the community at large
- Must be well-acquainted with the principles that guide and control administrative processes
- Set boundaries and communicate clear expectations about performance and behaviour
- Articulate to prospective parents and the community the educational theory and practice of the School’s curriculum
- Provide opportunities for parents to grow in their understanding of the School’s curriculum and mission and nurture avenues of support
- Participate in the delivery of the curriculum as appropriate and needed plus obtaining and making available for teachers all educational information; visiting classrooms often to observe his/her teachers teaching; inspecting teachers’ lesson notes and class registers, diaries and teaching aids and offering professional advice for their improvement
- Change facilitator: when it comes to efforts to improve the quality of school, the principal is the critical person in making change to occur
- Provide and support on-going professional development for faculty and staff
- As part of your KPI, a certain amount of students must be enrolled per year
Education and Skills
- Advanced academic degree; credibility in the academic community;
- Experience as a Principal, with demonstrated strength in matters of curriculum, pedagogy and student welfare
- Demonstrated track record of leadership success, ideally at an independent school;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing is mandatory
- Deep understanding of the ethos of independent schools
- A commitment to academic excellence;
- Ability to motivate a team to work toward common goals;
- Strategic thinking capacity, proven builder of programs and organizations;
- Well-honed interpersonal skills and a collaborative leadership style
- Long term rewarding career on offer
- Excellent salary package with benefits
- Flights, accommodation, all expenses paid for – ie house, car, housemaid, food, fuel
- One yearly return flight home
- Job satisfaction – you really will make a difference to the lives of our pupils
Applying for this Role
To submit an application, simply fill the required fields below, upload your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter outlining employment history and experience relevant to the position and availabilities to commence employment and click on the Apply Now button.
Or Send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Only successful candidates meeting the above criteria will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Police and Working with Children Check.
For further information please visit the school website at: www.ijaasaba.com
A school tour will be organised for candidates who are successful through to the second round interview stage.