Vacancy for the Post of a Vice Principal (Administrator)
Infant Jesus Academy in the capital of Delta State is one of the most highly esteemed Catholic co-educational Boarding Schools in Nigeria. The Academy trains, graduates young men and women who are God fearing, loyal to their father land. Infant Jesus Academy offers outstanding school facilities and promotes excellence in education. The focus is on the total development of each student in a positive and stimulating learning environment. Students are given the opportunity to be actively involved in their education, with the emphasis being placed on an inquiry model of learning.
Department: Senior Management Team (SMT)
Travel Required: Local
Directly reports to: Principal
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that ALL the school’s existing policies and procedures are adhered to by all stakeholders (staff, parents and students)
- Review and revise existing policies including the staff and students’ handbook
- Produce for the Principal’s approval, new guidelines (in the form of a manual) to support the running of administration including vendor allocation of maintenance and repairs, staff attendances, movements and absences and Boarding House administration
- Support maintenance culture to ensure school facilities are well managed
- Engage with all staff and students on disciplinary matters
- Drive compliance with school’s rules and regulations and associated sanctions
- Interface with parents to deal with all administration and pastoral enquiries and promote the school to prospective parents/guardians
- Manage ALL non-academic staff to meet expectations of discipline in the hostels
- Promote etiquette and respect between students and staff (and visitors)
- Promote fairness and uniform treatment of reported cases of indiscipline
- Enforce compliance with school uniform requirements, programs and routines required to maintain high disciplinary standards
- Provide pastoral support in line with the school’s ethos
- Liaise directly with parents for any areas of misconduct of their wards with intent to counsel and orientate them with the school’s policies and any sanctions imposed
Applying for this Role
To submit an application, simply fill the required fields below, upload your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter outlining employment history and experience relevant to the position and availabilities to commence employment and click on the Apply Now button.
Or Send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Only successful candidates meeting the above criteria will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Police and Working with Children Check.
For further information please visit the school website at: www.ijaasaba.com